Monday, April 25, 2011

Benicia Find of the Week

We were taking a little Post-Easter Dinner Constitutional, mostly so I could show T.H. that tree. On our way back I noticed how the sun hit this little Craftsman just right and I snapped this pic. I was thinking - what little gems there are strewn throughout this city. This tiny little bungalow on a street with a couple of teeny Victorians, some cottage apartments, a few little shops - it's very close to downtown.

When I got home I decided to research it a little to see if I was close with my dates. I figured it was built around the same time as Old Wellington, 1920s or 1930s. And guess what I found out. Go on.

Okay, I'll tell you. According to the latest MLS, this little Craftsman, built in 1911, is 4000 square feet with a ballroom. I know! I was surprised, too. Wish I could see inside, but it isn't mine. Maybe I'll make friends with the owners. I'm willing to bet the listing agent included finished basement area in with that 4000 square feet, because there's just no way. But even so, a ballroom? This calls for further investigation. And I just thought it was cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment